Astaxanthin (asta), also known as xanthine, lobster shell pigment. It is derived from rain red chlococcus and is dark pink in color. Astaxanthin has many physiological functions, such as antioxidant, prevention of cardiovascular disease, enhancement of immunity, and improvement of vision. It is rich in amino acids, peptides, vitamins, and trace elements. It is an extremely broadly active short peptide. Extensive in animals and plants have an important role in the body.
Product Name: Astaxanthin Powder
Botanical Source: Haematococcus Pluvialis, astaxanthin extract
Spec./Purity: Astaxanthin 1%-5%
Microcapsule powder: 2%
Oil: 5% 10%
Appearance: Dark red powder
CAS No.: 472-61-7
Chemical Formula: C40H52O4
Astaxanthin plays many important biological functions in these species, including:
1. Improved protection against oxidation and photo-oxidation.
2. Reproduction and development.
3. Immune response.
4. Resistance to disease.
5. Reproductive behaviour.
1. Applied in the food field, it is mainly used as food additives for pigment and health care;
2. Applied in the animal feeds field, it is used as a new animal feed additive to impart coloration, including farm-raised salmon and egg yolks;
3. Applied in the pharmaceutical field, it is mainly used to prevent cancer and anti-oxidant;
4. Applied in the cosmetic field, it is mainly used for Antioxidant and UV protection.